Vision Of 'Progress'
The Think Tank
Scope of Work
The Progress Think Tank covers and works on six
broad based themes:
Activities & Services
The range of activities of the National Think Tank include:
- Transform ideas and emerging problems into policy issues;
- Framing, Identifying, articulating and evaluating current policy issues, proposals and programs.
- Researching and writing Policy briefs, monographs, articles, reports, books.
- Conducting evaluations of government programs.
- Disseminating their research findings and conducting various outreach activities (public testimony before senate and the parliament, media appearances and speeches).
- Creating networks and exchanges.
- Conferences, workshops, seminars, and briefings.
- Learning and Development Programs.
- Facilitate the construction of “issue networks”;
- Collect data and conduct research on public policy issues and then disseminate the findings to the relevant. Develop and implement strategies that will assist the government in developing and in access to utilization of resource development and institutional management for the nation’s development.
- Identify, test and disseminate strategies and technologies that will facilitate collaborative research and information sharing among public policy research organizations and other policy and knowledge based institutions around the country.
- Interpret issues, events and policies for the electronic and print media thus facilitating public understanding of domestic and international policy issues;
- Digest and formulate research into a form that meets the needs of busy bureaucrats, politicians and policy makers .
- Provide a constructive forum for the exchange of ideas and information between key stakeholders in the policy formulation process;
- To introduce and organize for government, parliamentarians and business leaders a blend of unique and innovative seminars, case studies and scenario workshops on the future state of the world, emerging global strategies, dynamics of globalization and sustainability, global economic scenario, peace and conflict, national, inter-state and global terrorism, HIV Aids, population, poverty alleviation, energy and others.
For further information please contact
Plot No. 73/E-1, 9th Jami Commercial St,
Phase 7, D.H.A, Karachi, Pakistan.
Tel: (9221) 35802346; 35389098;
Fax: (9221) 35380931; Mob: 0300-8289400